We’ve been talking with friends about van (car) camping in the Pacific Northwest, based in Bellingham. This page is just a way of collecting links and thoughts in a place that we can reference them.
The Mount Baker / Snoqualmie National Forest has many campsites, some open, some not. Note that they are half price with a Senior Pass.
- Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest home page
- Forest Service campground page – Gives a list of all the Forest Service campgrounds in the Mt. Baker forest.
- Recreation.gov – the place to go to make reservations. Type the name of the campground in the search field. Be careful, it lists campgrounds all through the country.
Campgrounds of particular interest: (all appear to be taking reservations, starting May 21, 2021)
- Swift Creek Campground – shores of Baker Lake
- Silver Fir Campground – North Fork Nooksack River
- Buck Creek Campground – off Suiattle River, (road closed for timber sale further up the road)
- Bedal Creek Campground – past Darrington, on the Mountain Loop Highway
A list of all of the Washington State Parks –
Washington State Campgrounds – pull down menu shows all of the campgrounds. Camping in Oct-April? Check out the Off-Season Senior Citizen Pass. It makes it quite economical. Also, don’t forget your Discover Pass. You can buy online.
Campgrounds of particular interest:
- Deception Pass
- Cape Disappointment
- Ft. Worden
Washington State Ferry Reservations – Olympic Peninsula? Take the ferry!