updated: 1/21/2019 [actually, in the process of updating]
I’ve been involved with cross-country skiing and the computer interface to high school ski results ever since I had to call in the start lists to the poor parent volunteers who had to write every skiers name by hand 4 times, every week in 1982. This site has basic procedures for new coaches, as well as some hints for more efficient data manipulation for those returning. But if you are a new coach and want the latest information, the most important thing to do is to make sure that you are on the NSAA coaches distribution email list.
While this is a private site, hosted by me, I believe that the pages are appropriate to use for the year that they are posted (I’m the one who set up the startlist spreadsheet system that is currently used). If they are from the previous year, user beware…
The target audience of these pages are Anchorage high school coaches, as well as some of the NSAA volunteers. Others (skiers and parents, etc.) are welcome to look.
- General Introduction – unless you are new to this, you shouldn’t need this
- How to make your startlist – without extra typing!
- Where to seed your skiers – A, B, C, D, and Open teams (my personal opinions…)
- Individual Races – general
- Relay Races – general
- Unique Races
- Results spreadsheet –
- About Macros – little programs used in the Results spreadsheets
Links to other sites of interest (not on this site)
- NSAA high school web site – the official place for all things related to Anchorage high school ski racing
- NSAA page showing high school race schedule – for 2013-14 (also has links to the current startlists)
- Maintaining a season-long, school summary page – nothing completed yet; click for a few comments.
Questions? Comments? You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (this my posted address for all the spam-bots to find. I will see your message – but you could put ‘pete’ in for ‘tryonj’ if you wanted to…)