It’s an adult! Over 21 years old! Way back when – when hybrid cars were brand new, we heard that there was one down at the dealers and out of curiosity, we went to take a look. Oh were our children surprised when we bought it. The first hybrid in the state of Alaska!
But we’re not home mechanics and would rather leave the ‘TLC’ that it will need in its ‘later years’ to someone else. It has had maintenance and repairs done by professional mechanics and is currently running quite well. I think it would be a great car for someone who wants to start with ‘everything working’ and then to keep up with the care that it will need as it ages. While we recognize that the Insight is not worth a whole lot on the second-hand market, we really don’t want it to go to the scrap yard. It’s almost an ‘Historic Vehicle’!
It has 153,000 miles on it, the IMA battery was replace in 2016, it’s in good running condition (a new EGR valve and plate has cured its ‘shudder’). It’s never been in an accident and there are no dings in the body. Good tires, no problems with shifting. I’ll be happy to talk to you about what is good and bad about it – and why the dealer can’t promise that it won’t need another A/F sensor replaced at some point.
We’re in Bellingham, but travel down to Seattle frequently – we might be able to arrange a ‘showing’ there.
We’re more interested in it going to an appreciative home than getting those last extra dollars out of it.
See Picture Page
- Asking Price : $3500 – but will negotiate for the right buyer.
- Year – 2000
- Color – red
- Transmission (5spd/CVT) – 5 speed.
- Current Mileage – 153,000
- Location – Bellingham, WA
- High Voltage Battery Age/Condition – replaced IMA battery (and 12 volt battery) at 127,000 miles (2016)
- Transmission Condition – Good condition, no trouble with downshifting.
- Engine or IMA Codes Showing – no codes showing. Recently replaced A/F sensor.
- Interior Condition Summary – Good condition, vacuumed, but some dog hair still present
- Exterior Condition Summary – no body damage, black trim paint starting to flake off.
- Radio replaced with one including CD player and USB plug
- Tires are in great shape – new at 148,000. Also, very old snow tires on steel rims if wanted.
- 2 grounding straps have corroded and been replaced.
- One owner, clear title.
- A/C recharged at 118,000; fully functional.